1. Does the Help Desk make your problem their problem?
If you are reaching out to the Help Desk, it’s not the high point of your day. This can be made worse when you are being ‘helped’ by someone with as much interest in your problem as they have in getting another hole in the head. If you do not feel like your Help Desk has your back, shares your business goals, and feels like a part of your team, you need a new Help Desk.
First Call Computer Solutions
This is quite literally written on the walls of First Call’s offices. We believe it, and we live it.
2. Do you have to explain yourself over and over again?It seems like once would be enough, but how often have you had to explain your situation repeatedly when trying to resolve an issue? This is a common complaint of Help Desk users and can make the whole process of getting help exhausting. If this has become the norm for you, it might be time to switch.
3. Do you have to babysit your problem?It’s bad enough to deal with a technology problem, but things can go from annoying to infuriating when you have to babysit your issue. Are you unclear on when to expect help? Are you stuck with a “we will help you between 8 am and 4 pm on Friday” response? When your issue does get worked, are you informed? Do you know what the next steps are? Is this all making you crazy?! It might be time to seek help elsewhere.
4. Do you feel bad for asking for help?It seems like once would be enough, but how often have you had to explain What kind of reception are you getting when you do have to ask for help? Does a cheerful ready-to-help voice greet you, or does it feel like you are bothering someone? Getting help from your Help Desk should not feel like you are asking for a favor, nor should the person helping you act like they have things they would rather be doing. If this describes your current situation, it’s time to find a new partner.
5. Do your issues get resolved?
The last and probably most important thing on this list: Are the issues you report getting resolved? A common Help Desk problem is issues dragging on and on. Sometimes there is no genuine desire to resolve the issue on the tech side. Occasionally the fix requires comprehensive planning and a set schedule to get fixed, and there is just no drive from the Help Desk to do this. Still, other times there is a workaround for the problem, and that is considered good enough.
Let's Work Together!
Schedule a discovery meeting with one of our Business Development Executives to discuss how First Call can help you solve your IT frustrations!